Oȟaŋ wašte (sharing)
Funding for tribal government is made possible through the community’s gaming efforts. Tribal government gaming has allowed Prairie Island to reinvigorate the traditional Indian custom of Oȟaŋ wašte, contributing millions of dollars and support to surrounding communities and organizations year after year.
Since 1994, the Prairie Island Indian Community has donated more than $15 million to many Native American and non-Native American causes.
Please feel free to contact our Donations Coordinator with any questions:
We Do Require All Donation Requests be accompanied by the
PIIC Donation Request Form:
PIIC Donation Request Form
Submit Donation Request Form via USPS MAIL/ or Email to:
Sarah Bartell, Donations Coordinator
Prairie Island Indian Community
5636 Sturgeon Lake Road
Welch, MN 55089
Requesting Donations from PIIC
- All requests are required to be in writing, and must include the PIIC Donation Request Form.
-Please be as specific as possible
-Please try to limit to three pages, excluding PIIC Donation Request Form.
-Please use your organization’s letterhead
- Include a budget justification
- Organizations located on reservations should include a letter of support from their local tribal council.
- Requests should be submitted at least 3 months in advance.
- Telephone inquiries are not accepted
- Pow wow donation requests are not accepted
- You will be notified via USPS or email, weather your request has been approved or denied. You will receive notification as to weather or not we can honor your request. Donation outcomes will be sent to you via USPS.
- Expiration Dates on gift certificates received from any fundraising event will be enforced –no exceptions
- Organizations/Individuals are limited to ONE donation request within a 12 month period.
We reserve the right to approve or deny any donation or sponsorship.