- All requests need to be in writing on your organization’s letterhead, addressed to the PIIC Tribal Council.
- Requests should include a detailed description of how the donation will be used, such as: the date of the event/benefit.
- Include the total amount being requested.
- Organizations located on reservations should include a letter of support from their local tribal council.
- If not a tribal government or a 501 (c) (3), a reliable fiscal agent is required, along with contact information, address, and telephone number.
- If further information is required you will be contacted.
- The review process can take up to a month or more on larger requests.
- You will be contacted through the US Postal Service with Tribal Council’s decision.
Submit your donation request by mail to:
Prairie Island Indian Community
5636 Sturgeon Lake Road
Welch, MN 55089
Submit your donation request by email to:
If you have a special request or circumstances that you believe would not be adequately addressed with a written request, it is possible to request a meeting with Tribal Council. Keep in mind Tribal Council members are extremely busy and keep schedules much like a governor or state representative. If you are in a big hurry, this may not be the venue for you.
You can request a meeting with Tribal Council by contacting the Tribal Council’s Administrative Assistant. She will forward your request and contact you if and when a meeting is to be scheduled.